Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crochet Camo Bear

My youngest son made a special request for a crochet camouflage teddy bear. Not wanting to disappoint, I set out to work on my new mission.

I slightly altered the pattern I found at Crafty Hanako, which is a nice free pattern. Be warned, this is more of an intermediate project.

Naturally I used Red Heart Medium Worsted Camouflage Yarn for most of the bear's body (as you can see in the photo). For the muzzle and paws, I used Red Heart Medium Worsted Chocolate Yarn. The eyes and nose were sown on using a yarn needle and black yarn. I only used a few feet of scrap black yarn I had left over from earlier projects.

The accessory around the bear's neck is a thin black ribbon I had in my craft drawer. He's lightly stuffed with stuffing you can easily pick up from any craft store. Make sure you don't overstuff, otherwise you'll see stuffing poking through the stitches.

It took me about a day to crochet and sew this bear together. This little guy turned out to be about 10 inches tall, and a cute little bugger. Unfortunately I do not have a great camera to capture how awesome this little guy turned out. My son said that he loves it more than applesauce cups. If you knew my little boy, you would know that he really loves his applesauce, so that says a lot on how much he loves his new little teddy bear. After seeing how happy this little guy made my little guy, I would whip this one up again in a heartbeat.

Happy hookin' and stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banner

LinkWithin

Related content