Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pineapple Fan Fair

 

If you love to crochet pineapple doilies (or you just like looking at them) than you need to check out Pineapple Fan Fair. It's a Coats and Clarks Crochet book complied in 1950. The cover (picture left) certainly has the 1950's vibe to it, but some of the designs are beautiful classics. As I scroll through this old pamphlet I'm getting inspired to give some of these old patterns a try. If you do, please link back or leave a picture in the comments of your finished product. I like to admire other people's handy work.

 
 


This pretty little number is calling my name and looks like it will be a project in my foreseeable future. It's called Pineapple Petals in the book if you want to give it a try.















This is another pretty pineapple doily I am adding to my project list. I believe the book calls this one, Pineapple Posy. It has a very elegant look to it.


Happy hookin' and stitchin'!

1 comment:

  1. Gulp! Both are very pretty but look way too challenging for me. I hope to see one or both of these completed by you. Always a joy to see what you pick out and add to your project list.
    Bobbie :)

    ReplyDelete