Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pineapple doily

Petite Pineapple Doily
Crochet Pineapple Doily
After completing a few time consuming projects, I am preoccupying my time with smaller projects. Sometimes you just need to take a break to gather up the energy to tackle future large projects. Besides there is no satisfaction like completing a project and admiring your handy work. With small projects, I am able to get to that satisfaction sooner!

Right now pineapple doilies seem to have captured my attention. You can work them up fairly quickly and they always look intrinsically beautiful. I have done pineapple doilies in the past using different patterns, but I was in the mood for something different.

Petite Pineapple Doily
Pineapple Doily under different lighting
There's only one thing to do when that mood hits, search Pinterest!

After spending way too much time and pinning multiple future projects, I found this cute little "Petite Pineapple Doily" pattern from an archived website on the Way Back Machine. If you're not familiar with the Way Back Machine, it's a site that crawls the Internet taking "snapshots" of webpages in an attempt to archive the Internet. While the original website is gone, it's patterns live on. Nothing really dies on the Internet.

Anyways, back to crocheting. I worked this one up in about a day. I am very please with how it turned out. In fact I am about half way through with a second one. This pattern inspired me to come up with my own version. It's very brave of me. Once I work out the details and write down the pattern I will share it with you.

If you're interested in giving it a shot or just want to pin it as a potential future project you can click on the pin below. You can also follow me on Pinterest to find other free projects and inspiration.

Follow Hookin' and Stitchin''s board Doilies on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just found your blog from a comment you left on Betty Lou's, Knotted Threads and Yarn blogspot. Oh my gracious! I love your pineapple doily. I adore doilies but am very intimidated to try them. I have a huge collection of doilies and admire them monthly (those in storage). Can't help myself, I pull them all out, lay them on my big queen bed and fall in love all over again. I have done two filet crochet dresser scarves, but they were done with #10 thread. I doubt that I could handle the smaller threads. Right now I'm working on an afghan using Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" (acrylic). What a great yarn - this is the first time using this yarn and find it so soft and it doesn't split like the Red Heart Super Saver that I usually use.
    I look forward to following your blog and hope to browse through your older posts to see all your pretty finishes.
    Thanks for sharing and being such an inspiration. Sorry, I have no clue what Pinterest is or how to go there.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Banner

LinkWithin

Related content