Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket


When I was pregnant with my little girl, I was super excited about the opportunity to crochet using girly colors. After so many years spent as being a mother of only boys, it was a nice change of pace. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, LOVE them! However, there's nothing like doing a project for a little princess, especially my little princess. This was the first time that I was pregnant since crocheting on a regular basis.

I know you're thinking, "little girl, why not go with pink?" I did use pink, but in a different project that I will post at a later date. For this project I decided to do a blanket, since my little girl would be a December baby and need lots of things to fight off the winter chills.

I decided to use the Leaping Stripes and Blocks over at Moogly using Red Heart Soft Yarn in Lavender, Lilac, and White. This was an easy project. Once you figure out the pattern, you can easily do this while vegging out in front of the television. I whipped this out in a week. I probably could have finished it earlier, but pregnancy takes a lot of energy out of me. I am really pleased at how well it turned out, especially when wrapping up my little girl in it. Precious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Banner

LinkWithin

Related content